Saturday, November 16, 2013

You're Not Ducking!

After we returned from London, we had another mini-vacation when my parents came to visit. First time my dad has been here since we moved up! He only had two requests: Deep-dish pizza and a Chicago hot dog. We somehow managed to accommodate both.

The first night we headed to our favorite Chicago chain, Gino's East. Excellent deep-dish and you can write on any surface except the bathrooms.


As we love to do with visitors, we played tourist. This time we took a gangster tour, something we hadn't done before. The two tour guides (who switched off driving the bus) were hilarious.





At the start of the tour, they gave us instructions on what to do if we heard gunshots, etc. Then they played gunshots over the speaker. We all were chastised: "You aren't ducking!" We learned our lesson quickly.


Goose Island brewery was another stop for tasting. The brewmaster who gave our tour and led the tasting made a career change from retail. He seemed to be enjoying it.






For our second dinner, A and I took them to Little India. I can't believe my parents had never tried Indian food before! They liked it, but my dad was missing the meat. (We chose a vegetarian restaurant.)



It was beautiful weather after it rained all day that Sunday. A had to go back to work, but I took off and we walked all over the city.



My parents are too cute.






We even found an awesome Chicago hot dog for my dad.


And what trip to Chicago is complete without a stop at Garrett popcorn?





No comments:

Post a Comment