Monday, February 9, 2015

Not a Winner, But Top 5

Last week we did not receive the record-breaking snowfall the Northeast has been getting, but it did grab fifth place! We hunkered down on Super Bowl Sunday, A working on research papers and me doing crafts and such. But mostly I watched the snow pile up on our balcony. And keeping piling. And then we stuck a ruler in it periodically because I could swear we gained two inches in an hour (and I was right!). 19.5 inches later and we thought it had stopped... only to gain three more inches two days later! This is the tunnel of snow I've been walking through from the shuttle to the office.



I learned something new this past month: Apparently when it's cold enough, the train track switches are set on fire with controlled propane burns. Looks pretty freaky when you see it just out of the corner of your eye and have no idea what's going on.



For Orion, the snow is a gift. She loves to frolic and run around in it when it's fluffy. And eat it by the gallon. However, she's not a fan when it's up to her stomach (probably because it's cold!). And she doesn't realize how deep the snow is when the sidewalks have been shoveled. She thinks there's just a ridge to jump over, and she ends up almost getting swallowed!




I'll leave you with this awesome sign, lending humor to a warning we see for months (and most ignore... until a big chunk of slush falls on your head). So far, I've only see falling ice, but I guess anything could happen!




No comments:

Post a Comment